Labels

Tuesday 15 February 2011

How did you use media technologies in the construction and research, planning and evaluate stages? (Ancillary Task)

Research and Planning -




When researching my ancillary task, I used a lot of different websites to find out what was needed to go with the conventions of a Indie concert poster and cd digi pack. Websites such as band wesites for artists such as Florence and the Machine, to find out which places she would play for her concerts and what sort of designs she would go for on her concerts posters and cd digi packs. Me and Siani divided the work together and took 3 slides of the cd digi pack each. Once looking at what we both had planned and tested on photoshop we found that we had both taken a different effect and brightness on our look of our covers; once we put this together we found this looked a lot better as a contrast and developed on the typical conventions of the indie poster and cd digi packs.


Construction -



Within the construstion of my ancillary task I mainly used photo shop to create the different layers of my poster and cd cover. Photo shop helped me to separate my creation into different layers for each part or design that I added. This made it easier because I was always experimenting with different effects and pictures to find out which looked better and would suit my genre and the conventions of a concert poster and a cd digi pack. So by creating different layers on photoshop I was able to create a layer to see what it looked like then if it wasn't what I wanted I was able to delete the layer without deleting every other part of my task that I already wanted.

Evaluate -


When evaluating my ancillary tasks I produced a questionaire on microsoft word to find with mainly tick boxes and lines for written answers (found in the audience feedback post). I then gave this out to people within my class and showed then both my ancillary tasks so they could give contrustive feedback from them to find out what went well about my ancillary tasks and what they thought could be imporved. I also got feedback from teachers to find out their opinions on what theythought went well and could be improved. After this feedback I used this to edit my ancillary tasks as a final with the critisims in mind to improve my tasks.







1 comment:

  1. Could you have used digital technologies to get feedback- such as facebook? why didnt you? JIN

    ReplyDelete